Re: NVIDIA Optimus (Dell L702X)

> Is something like this even currently doable?

Short answer: No, it can't.

I'm not an expert but as the time goes and we are able to test and
experiment with Optimus machines, we have found that:
- The Nvidia card is conected to the intel integrated and not to the
screen.
- There is no way to turn off integrated without losing the monitor.
- The only thing plugged directly to the Nvidia card is the HDMI port (I
cant test it, I don't have any HDMI capable hardware).

Hope this can help you. The bumblebee project is the way to use it and
we are going to develop it as much as we can in conjunction with
acpi_call to add functionality to mimic Optimus. But if NVIDIA corp is
not going to help us, we must help ourselves.
--
Joaquín Ignacio Aramendía <samsagax@xxxxxxxxx>