Re: Is any of you interested to investigate with me the dual head for DELL XPS 17?

Unless this Dell XPS 17 is different to many of the nvidia optimus
laptop models, I think it's the Intel drivers not playing well with
the HDMI output. My laptop is an nvidia optimus, has an HDMI output
and a VGA output, and I can reproduce the problems here described with
HDMI, but everything works well with VGA. I've tried different
resolutions on different external screens, and where VGA works just
fine, HDMI doesn't work well.

It may be that the wiring in the laptop model is different for VGA
than HDMI, but I haven't seen anyone else complaining about VGA output
on the mailing list. I think it's worth having a look to where the
problem may be in the Dell XPS 17 with a proper bug report.