[ANNOUNCE] bumblebee 3.1

The Bumblebee Project proudly presents version 3.1 of Bumblebee, a project
aiming to support NVIDIA Optimus technology under Linux.

The most important new feature is support for the alternative back-end
replacing VirtualGL, primus. To learn more about this project by Alexander
Monakov, look at the GitHub repo: https://github.com/amonakov/primus (be sure
to read the FAQ!)
See release notes for information on using the new support. Primus-related
bugs should be reported at the primus issue tracker. For Bumblebee issues, see
http://wiki.bumblebee-project.org/Reporting-Issues. Again, be sure to read the
FAQ of primus!

There are also some fixes and improvements, notably better support for newer
generation nvidia cards. For a full changelog see: http://www.bumblebee-project.org/release-notes-3.1

Packages for Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Mandriva and many others are available.
Below are installation instructions for some distributions:
Arch Linux: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bumblebee
Ubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bumblebee
Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee
Gentoo: packages for the previous release are available in the main portage
tree; live ebuilds for Bumblebee and primus are available in the "bumblebee"
overlay
Mandriva: There's a bumblebee package in their repositories.
Other distributions can find more generic installation instructions at
http://wiki.bumblebee-project.org/Install-and-usage

The team is looking for users having the necessary knowledge to build packages
for other popular distributions, if you're interested please join
#bumblebee-dev on Freenode. We'll then link our documentation to the one from
your distribution.

If you run into problems, be sure to read
http://wiki.bumblebee-project.org/Troubleshooting.
Although we aim at stability, (compatibility) issues may still occur which can
be reported by following the instructions on
http://wiki.bumblebee-project.org/Reporting-Issues.

http://www.bumblebee-project.org/bumblebee-3.1.tar.gz
de515ef51b1e0714c2f1b2a95f83e77e  bumblebee-3.1.tar.gz
f01746818209f6e7cd18a6d6599774cdacb03a91  bumblebee-3.1.tar.gz
586214b17072cadd0d9e2851c58e01763c1251231672d05297a2916f8dba76cc
bumblebee-3.1.tar.gz

~ The Bumblebee Project Team