inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: [Inx] Important update: interim fix iso on the server

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:49:12 +1000
"David Symons" <david.symons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Peter, all,
>
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Peter Garrett <inx-one@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > There's a "testing" iso on the server
>

> Had a play with it wth no problems encountered.  Things tried were:
>
> - Did an inxtall to a VBox, booted the vBox and listened to a stream via
> plait.

Let me guess... plait -s goonshow   ;-)

> - Burnt the ISO to a CDRW, booted from it and:
>   - played a CD using cdmp.

Good to see this as second priority ;)

>   - used f-drivinx (hdd, sshfs & usb)
>   - installed "ceni" (from the sidux Debian package - after seeing it
> mentioned in #inx) and, very straightforwardly, connected to my wireless.

Looks like ceni is going in. The only question would be whether people
will have problems with missing firmware etc. in some cases (Broadcom,
I'm looking at you...) I guess that applies with Ubuntu too, so I doubt
that we can do much about it.

> So the "mktemp" changes are looking good and I reckon "ceni" would be a
> great inclusion

Agreed.

Thanks for the report and testing.

Peter