inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Ceni now on the ~inx-devel PPA

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 17:21 +1000, David Symons wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently uploaded ceni 1.40  to the inx-devel PPA (personal package
> archive): https://edge.launchpad.net/~inx-devel/+archive

:)

> For the record, here's how it was done:

Some thoughts may be found interspersed from this point on.

> 1. Some prerequisites (not sure if the package list is complete):
>     - apt-get install devscripts dpkg-dev lintian dput

apt-get install build-essential
and for those on ubuntu
apt-get install ubuntu-dev-tools

>     - A Launchpad account with GPG key in place and membership of the
> inx-devel team
> 2. Edit (or create) ~/.dput.cf and add the following lines:
>
> [inx-devel]
> fqdn = ppa.launchpad.net
> method = ftp
> incoming = ~inx-devel/ubuntu/
> login = anonymous
> allow_unsigned_uploads = 0
>
> 3. Make a workspace:
>     mkdir ceni; cd ceni
> 4. Download the source package:
>     dget http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/sidux/debian/pool/main/c/ceni/ceni_1.40.dsc

`dget -x` will allow you to skip step 5.

> 5. Extract the source package
>     dpkg-source -x ceni_1.40.dsc
> 6. cd ceni_1.40

I Think in here should be another step:
Change the Maintainer, and set inx-devel as the email address.
Optionally move the Maintainer to XSBC-Original-Maintainer.

> 7. Add a new (skeleton) entry to the debian/changelog file and open it
> in an editor
>     dch -i
> 8. Edit the skeleton changelog entry.  The skeleton entry looked like this:
> --------------
> ceni (1.40ubuntu1) hardy; urgency=low
>
>   *
>
>  -- David Symons <dave@daddun.localdomain>  Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:14:14 +1000
> --------------
>
> My new entry looks like this (explained below):
> --------------
> ceni (1.40-0.1~inx1) hardy; urgency=low
>
>   * NMU to change distroseries to hardy to enable upload to launchpad PPA.
  * Updated Maintainer field.

>  -- David Symons <david.symons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  Sun, 21 Sep
> 2008 07:00:03 +1000
> --------------
>
> 9. Build the new source package (includes running the lintian package
> checker and asking for your GPG passphrase twice to sign the package
> files):
>     debuild -S

I have to add -k<key> for some reason - probably some misconfiguration
of mine.

> 10. cd ..
> 11. Upload to the PPA:
>     dput inx-devel ceni_1.40-0.1~inx1_source.changes

FWIW:
on the systems i do most of my hacking around with packages on, i have
the following config extras :

in ~/.bashrc
alias dget='dget -x'
alias dch='dch -i'