Re: Strange eeschema behavior at zoom 0.7

Le 01/04/2011 16:08, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
I was thinking this ugly workaround was working.
But you are right, there are many zoom values that do not work (I did not noticed these values).

I'll work on it these newt days.
If you find a better fix before I find a working workaround, please commit it.
Require a wxWidgets version that works?  Seems especially do-able on MS
Windows, where the builder person can pick what wxWidgets version to compile
(the *required* version.)

So based on my limited information, a path to success on MS Windows is to
fix what else is wrong with wxWidgets 2.9.x, and get THIS zoom fix for free.

Since the MS Windows builder person has to compile the wxWidgets library, it
can be patched before compiling quite easily, as a means of fixing the other
issues.

My $ 0.02

If it were easy to do a static link of Kicad to a debug build of the
wxWidgets library, then:

If so, a person could step into the library from Kicad and maybe see what's
up with the floating point comma issue.  That seems like a patch or fix that
needs to happen in any case.

Dick

Dick,
Your fix is the best fix found until now.
So I switch to wxWidgets 2.9.1 (wxWidgets 2.9.2 is expected soon)) at least under Windows.
For me, wxWidgets 2.9.1 works fine.

About the decimal separator:
- Happens  only with Gerbview and Pcbnew
  (but Gerbview uses floating numbers only to display coordinates)
- With Pcbnew the problem is just due to the fact ReturnValueFromString()
  used to convert strings to floating numbers accepts a point or a comma, when the separator is a comma
  but not a comma when the separator is a point (this is a normal behavior, no a bug).
  But the issue arises when the separator changes while using Pcbnew, because users were using a comma in dialogs,
  but suddenly they cannot.
 (for instance they use a comma (or a point) to enter a dimension in Pcbnew,
  but if they open and close Modedit, they must uses only a point, inside the same dialog).

  But it can be fixed (workaround) if comma and point are both always accepted.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
KiCad Developers team.