Re: Symbol library help

On 2/13/20 12:59 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> On 2020-02-12 17:38, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Does anyone know if one of the KiCad symbol libraries has a symbol that
>> utilizes bezier curves or has a sample library that does?  I'm just
>> about done with the new symbol library file formatter and I would like
>> to test the bezier support with something other than a canned sample to
>> make sure the formatting is correct.  Thanks in advance for the help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Wayne
>
> Did we ever implement a control in LibEdit for bezier?  I know we're
> halfway there in pcbnew but I've never seen bezier controls on the
> LibEdit side.

I don't believe bezier curves were ever implemented in the symbol
library editor.  We've been dragging along the LIB_BEZIER object for as
long as I can remember.  I don't know if anyone has been using manually
edited symbol library files or if they would even render in the
schematic and symbol library editors.  Maybe JP can shed some light on
this.  I just don't like the idea of having untested formatter and
parser code for objects that we don't and/or cannot use.