Odp: Re: New dependency in docker image - tigervnc - xvfb

Thank you so much   Dnia 2 września 2020 14:03 Ian McInerney <Ian.S.McInerney@xxxxxxxx> napisał(a):  I have added xvfb to the docker images used for CI (both the Fedora 31 image and Ubuntu 18.04 image).   -Ian   On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 8:36 PM Sylwester Kocjan <   s.kocjan@xxxxx > wrote:  Hi again,    On 23/08/2020 02:12, Ian McInerney
        wrote:  Are you wanting to add new QA tests that need a
          window to the main unit test suite?   Yes, that's correct.   On 23/08/2020 01:28, Seth
            Hillbrand wrote:  Could you explain further why you would need this in
                the official docker?  Can you not specify your own
                docker for your tests?  1. Based on this great tutorial I
          made changes in qa tests which allow to use wxFrames in test
          suite.   www.remy.org.uk www.remy.org.uk   2. I used these kind of tests with
          my development in following merge request (commit 3542e2da9b9
          and later):   gitlab.com gitlab.com   3. I want to add more of these
          tests, namely: I want to cover DIALOG_SIM_SETTINGS with tests
          and add new types of simulation in the future.  4. Sure I can install what I need
          on my own docker image, but I want to make it working with CI
          as well. Otherwise it makes no sense.  5. I was hoping that other
          developers can benefit from this change as well.    On 23/08/2020 02:12, Ian McInerney
          wrote:  If so, we should not use a VNC server to run
            them we should use xvfb to emulate an X server interface.  Good point, this can be used as well, but xvfb is not
          available in official KiCad image. Can we consider adding it?  I hope it's not a big deal. Are there any obstacles (maybe
          I'm not aware of something)?    Best regards,   Sylwester    On 23/08/2020 02:12, Ian McInerney
      wrote:  Are you wanting to add new QA tests that need a
        window to the main unit test suite? If so, we should not use a
        VNC server to run them we should use xvfb to emulate an X server
        interface.    -Ian   On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 11:31
          PM Sylwester Kocjan <   s.kocjan@xxxxx > wrote:  Hello,      Can I ask for updating docker images with additional
          dependency,    according to attached patch?      I was trying with running wx frames in qa test application and
          this    change will be helpful for me.      Best regards,   Sylwester      ______________________________   Mailing list:  launchpad.net launchpad.net   Post to     :    kicad-developers@lists.launchp   Unsubscribe :  launchpad.net launchpad.net   More help   :  help.launchpad.net help.launchpad.net   ______________________________   Mailing list:  launchpad.net launchpad.net   Post to     :    kicad-developers@lists.launchp   Unsubscribe :  launchpad.net launchpad.net   More help   :  help.launchpad.net help.launchpad.net