Re: IBIS / SPICE simulation

Also of note...

I've got a bunch of tools in glscopeclient and
libscopehal/libscopeprotocols for NRZ/PAM4 signal generation, channel
emulation, de-embedding, equalization, clock recovery, eye patterns,
etc. Might be worth pursuing some kind of integration to develop a full
channel design/simulation tool kit in KiCAD down the road? I have an
IBIS parser already but haven't built a full IBIS simulator yet. It's on
the to-do list though. All of these tools are 3-clause BSD so license
compatible with KiCAD.

Ideally I'd like to integrate with an EM solver to extract a S-parameter
model of a PCB channel as well, so I can just click on pads of a board
to set up ports, configure a frequency sweep, then shove that into a
time domain model.

Here's a quick demo of some of the channel design tools:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgxtSVG4y_E