Re: Killing glade and gconf -- are there general guidelines or a blueprint?

On 11/25/2011 10:02 PM, Andrew Woodhead wrote:

> gnome3 uses dconf not gconf, so as gnome2 is dying or dead, we all
> must move on and use what is supported upstream.

That makes sense, thanks.  Actually it looks like we are supposed to
migrate from gconf to GSettings, which is a higher level GNOME API that
has dconf as its default back end under Unix-like OSes.

So far, I found https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/GSettingsMigration and
http://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/ch28.html as good sources of info
about this, and a worked example at
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-utils/log/?h=gsettings-tutorial .

This does raise another question: for packages that are not
Lubuntu-specific, such as gksu, is the plan for us (few) Lubuntu devs to
do the migration work, or just to wait for "someone else" to do it for us?

Jonathan