Re: Replication and auto-increment

Brian,

Allow me to share how we are handling this issue. We have a customer that develop and sell a system that control employees in & out. They have many customers with multiple plants & sites.

To avoid the related issue, we did a simple workaround, we add a new column at each table. The column name ;-) server_id :-)

Now each insert is running like this: INSERT INTO foo SET server_id = @server_id, auto_increment_column = NULL, bla bla bla

	BinLog format chosen = ROW.

The worse and complex scenario is a customer with 17 sites. All of them linked by ADSL Internet ;-) Yes, believe me.

The problem of INSERT / DELETE / SELEC was successfuly solved. The only issue to take care is the possibility of race condition on UPDATE ops.

Alexandre

JPEG image