Re: Gentoo Ebuilds for MariaDB on GitHub

On 3/11/2010 12:26 PM, Daniel Bartholomew wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:41:04 -0500, Brian Evans
> <grknight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Brian> I have posted the build scripts for Gentoo onto GitHub.
> Brian>
> Brian> They can be found here: http://github.com/grknight/mariadb-gentoo
> Brian>
> Brian> Gentoo downstream uses git over bzr so I thought it was the best
> Brian> choice.
> Brian>
> Brian> Feel free to pull from it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I've added a Gentoo sub-page to our Building MariaDB page with a link
> to your build scripts.
>
> http://askmonty.org/wiki/index.php/Building_MariaDB:Gentoo
>
> Right now the only thing on the page is the link and I'd like to add
> a brief how-to to the page, but I don't know anything about Gentoo.
>
> Do you think you could write a brief how-to on using your scripts to
> build MariaDB on Gentoo which I could then post to the page (giving you
> credit, of course)? Our wiki content is dual-licensed GNU-FDL/CC
> BY-SA, just like Wikipedia.

emerge is the Gentoo package manager.

Brief HowTo:

1. Grab the ebuilds and related files into a directory: "git clone
http://github.com/grknight/mariadb-gentoo.git";
2. Add the directory to your PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/make.conf. e.g.
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/mariadb-gentoo"
3. Copy the files from the distfiles directory in the repository to
/usr/portage/distfiles.  (This is for mariadb patches that differ from
Gentoo main.)
4. Add dev-db/mariadb to your /etc/portage/package.keywords and add any
optional features (USE flags) to your /etc/portage/package.use
5. emerge mariadb