Re: Introduction and Task Suggestion

Thanks!

So, this is what Igor mentioned in MDEV-13648 thread:
> For those of you who are preparing proposals for this project:
> In your proposal you are expected to cover the following issues:
> 1. How to build the tree for the result of re-writing for a join expression with FULL OUTER JOIN.
> (It's not trivial as the parser provides you only with one tree that can be easily transformed into a
> tree either for LEFT OUTER JOIN or for RIGHT OUTER JOIN, but not for both and you need the
> trees for two SELECTs, not just for one. You can get an idea how you could build the
> tree for the second SELECT in sql_view.cc).
> 2. At what stage to do the re-writing: at the parser stage, at the beginning of the context analysis
> stage (see JOIN::prepare or at the beginning of the optimization stage (see JOIN::optimizer).
> 3. How to handle embedded FULL OUTER JOINs.
> 4. How and when to check possible conversion to LEFT OUTER JOIN or RIGHT OUTER JOIN.
> 5. What adjustments must be done for different references to the tables used in the original join
> expression with FULL OUTER JOIN that may occur outside of this expression.

So, if we stick to point 1&2 will it make it comparable to other projects? Ofcourse, I'll try to complete the rest too, but for defining the sub-task as of now; will this suffice?
Regards,
Hemant Kumar Singh
https://iamhks.com (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/6F54A257-ADA3-4E97-A25E-1DC701B9664B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fiamhks.com&recipient=bWFyaWEtZGlzY3Vzc0BsaXN0cy5sYXVuY2hwYWQubmV0)