Re: [Ayatana] How about developing a spec for all DE's and implement a common low-level API...

So basically all messages would be unified based on the fact that it is using whatever means the DE already has in place?  I like the idea of passing off the display to the system. However, it still leaves the question of which means on KDE to utilize though, correct?  SysTray or Plasmoid?

If a Plasmoid notification is designed, it will be Karmic's baby...Do you really see these additions making it upstream?  I see it more of an add-on for Kubuntu, since KDE is pushing their notifications system...which is okay, but I don't know if that's a team goal to get this upstream, or if it's more important for consistency across *buntu(s)...

-Anthony