Re: [Ayatana] Fwd: Getting users to care (was Re: [Fwd: Re: Update manager])

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 8:06 PM, mac_v <drkvi-a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
AFAIK Auto downloads of the updates is far worse!
1: user might be using 3G at some point where the downloads cost a lot!
2: downloads while i'm watching streaming video content would cause the
lags in my videos which i would hate.

Who said auto download updates? You guys put words in my mouth, I never said we should do that. If you read the scenario I presented you'll see that whether or not updates are download ahead of time is irrelevant. Also- I started a new thread of this discussion, can we please continue it there?

--
--Alex Launi