[Ayatana] Minor Indicator-Applet detail which can be addressed by Karmic?

Hi,
I'v been using indicator-applet with Evolution and noticed one minor
detail[not in the specs] which ,I believe could be addressed by karmic.

The present behavior of the i-a is ,
- when new mail arrives in evolution ,the panel icon changes to
"indicator-messages-new"[New mail]
- And as soon as user selects evolution from the i-a
 1> the panel icon reverts to "indicator-messages"[ No new mail]
 2> the "new" counter for the all mail folders in evolution is reset, in
the drop down menu.

[1] is fine but behavior [2] assumes that the user has read all the mail
once they have selected the app,
when in fact I'v only read mails from a few selected folders immediately
and leave the rest as unread for later.

Wouldnt *not* resetting the counter in the drop down menu be more ideal?

So, if i-a recognizes the unread mail remaining in the folders and
displays the "new" count , *only* in the drop-down menu,
users would know that they still have N unread mail in folder X by just
viewing the drop-down menu.

Doesnt this have to be addressed in both i-a and in the
evolution-indicator plugin?

Also , why does the evolution-indicator plugin have a "Configuration"
tab and have no options in it?

--
Cheers,
mac_v