Re: [Ayatana] Fwd: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
Is that the purpose of the MI though? To be the one-stop-shop for
*all* messaging issues? I'm under the impression that it is only
supposed to handle incoming and missed messages, *not* be a messaging
dashboard. If it *is* a messaging "dashboard" then the documentation
really needs to be updated and the design revisited to make sure it
supports this new purpose. The original purpose was the replace
notification icons and the messages the icons were indicating, not
replace all message-based applications for a new messaging
environment.

Celeste is correct, the intent is to have it be more a  "hot list of latest new stuff" than a comprehensive status dashboard of all messaging. We expressly limit the number of entries per app, for example. If you've missed 20 tweets, you won't see them all there.

Mark