Re: [Ayatana] Notification consistency

2009/9/7 Mike Rooney <mrooney@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Steve Dodier<sidnioulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Also I was thinking that firefox should use notify-osd to display when a
>> > download is finished. I know that an addon for firefox exists so why not
>> > use it by default?
>
> +1 too, but it'll require Mozilla to natively support libnotify for their
> Linux client. I'm actually surprised it's still not the case...

That is currently possible with the extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9622, so if we wanted
it, it would just be a matter of incorporating that behavior into
Ubufox.

This is unfortunately not enough as any plugin that uses the firefox notifications will make use of the built-in ones and not of libnotify.