Re: [Ayatana] Notification in fullscreen apps

Hi ,
Just noticed that the recent notify-osd behavior ,in Karmic, suppresses all the sync notifications during full screen apps!

This is a bit frustrating , because now
- I'm not notified about loss of network connectivity!
- when IM messages are received the lack of notifications forces me to escape from full-screen mode and check with the IM client as to who sent the IM . Previously it was easier to know who had sent it and i could choose if i wanted to reply immediately or not.
- I'm not notified about new mail arrivals.

I believe there was a lengthy discussion and the decision was to :
- Use a DND mode in the FUSA/indicator-session
- Not show notifications only when the user has selected the DND mode.

Is the DND mode still in process of being implemented for karmic
 or is the new behavior here to stay?

If the DND is not possible to implement in this cycle , Kindly dont suppress the notifications.

Cheers,
mac_v