Re: [Ayatana] Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

mac_v wrote:
But rather wanted to say, the product is still in development cycle.
When a product is in *development cycle* it is reasonable to find
several changes in the apps almost every day.

We cant keep constantly banding the doors for an answer which might
change at anytime during testing!

Rather we need to offer solutions about what seems wrong.

Its just we are not used to such changes in specs , since only recently
has Ubuntu been doing upstream development.

take for example: gnome3 had changes in several aspects and even now we
dont know what it is going to end up as...

But I think Celeste's point is valid - if the documents say "it's an indicator for messages that have arrived", then it grows launching without those docs being amended, we're at risk of getting into the same ad-hoc featuritis that has cause usability problems elsewhere. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect us to conceptualise, articulate and plan the intended experience *before* development happens.

In this case, that's happened, but the docs haven't kept up, and Celeste was right to point that out.

Mark