Re: [Ayatana] Ayatana Forum on UbuntuForums.org

But then again , if the users are truly interested they could just join
Ayatana mailing list.  And *no need for the forums section* to
exist.  ;)

I believe that making a user join the mailing list does indeed weed out "trolls," (if that's the correct word) and general riff-raff that takes away from the discussion.

The UbuntuForums probably have the most Ubuntu-related discussions. I think, it would be good to have an Ayatana or User Experience section. With that, UX'ers will emerge out of the forum community and there could be much more discussions about Ubuntu's User Experience.

That being said I believe the current sections on the forums labeled "Art and Design," http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16  or "Ubuntu Testimonials and Experiences," http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103 are probably the places for Ayatana members to glean the most relevant insight from the forums concerning users needs and habits.

Regards,
Anthony