Re: [Ayatana] Collaborative design dilemma

I agree with your decision. Art and design are something subjective
and it's hard to set a direction if everyone wants the things to be
done their way.
I  also believe in the UX and DX teams, who have given us real facts
of their skill : Xsplash, the new GDM, messaging indicator, U1...

In the end, we'll - the community, all the ubuntu users- probably
have a more usable and better designed UI if we let these teams work
in peace,
so the idea of two mailing list, one open and another one invitation
only , as proposed by Mark is the best solution for this.

And by having both lists publicly archived, the community will have an
idea of what's going on, while still being able to give input at the
open list.

The goal to surpass Apple in their field, Usability and Design was set.
Fulfilling that goal is worth restricting a bit the partcipation.