Re: [Ayatana] Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

I just realized that I mistakenly posted the following directly to Mark Shuttleworth yesterday in error (mistakes abound when you can't see well), and felt that it should be shared with all:

"I'd like to clarify something and make a possible suggestion that may or may not even be possible or viable. I certainly respect your opinion and IMHO this is not a "show stopper". There are other options available.

In my case the position of notify-osd is not a matter of preferability nor is position the only concern. Since I am legally blind the matter of " default time displayed" is just as important as the position if not more so. Quite simply if I don't have time to change my focus to the notifications I have no idea what I was notified of.

Anyway, I wonder if this might be something that could be explored in Assistive Technologies. I've always been impressed with the same in Ubuntu but I've not explored that option at all and have no idea how to approach such an effort or where to begin but thought I'd throw the thought out there.

I should also mention there are already downstream efforts at "hacking" notify-osd:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/31954532/gravity-options.patch

I haven't had time to try it. It's hardly a priority. So far I just revert to notification-daemon."

Apologies for getting it wrong the first time.