Re: [Ayatana] Fwd: Proposal of new UI element for windows in Ubuntu: Esfera

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 14:12 +0000, David Siegel wrote:
> "Holistic" is a good word -- we should definitely have a broader
> discussion about user's window management needs and the UI that would
> address those needs, driven by use cases (e.g. "User wants a
> spreadsheet, a calculator, and a web page all on the screen at once"
> or "User wants two File Manager windows side-by-side to drag files
> between them").

The most obvious one to me is working while communicating.   i.e  an
application (Write, calc, impress, firefox) and (sip, empathy or
evolution, etc).  Resizing the windows to keep them from overlapping is
a nightmare, particularly with the current windows resize issue and my
high resolution.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/metacity/+bug/160311