Re: [Ayatana] [Concept suggestion] About the new possibilities for the top right window buttons on the new Ubuntu visual

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 20:36 -0300, kernel_script wrote:
> Hallo guys,
>
> I just saw a great work from a FOSS community designer exploring the new
> possibilities for the top right window buttons on the new Ubuntu visual,
> and wanted to share the info with Ayatana team, since I think the
> concept is really interesting and a really good idea, and it explore
> very well the idea that Mr. Shuttleworth talked about on his blog post.
>
> www.design-by-izo.com/2010/03/29/workflow-and-upload-two-new-button-concepts-for-lucid/

Well, if it's about using the open space to the right inside the window,
as opposed to having something outside of the window, allowing the
application menu to go there should be considered. That is, put the
buttons, title and menu in one row if it all fits, or use 2 rows like
now if the window is too narrow. Shortening the window title to have one
row could be worthwhile.

Plus the menu and toolbar should be able to be in one row.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/