Re: [Ayatana] mail indicator not consistency

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 13:23 -0400, Alex Launi wrote:

> I'm sure I missed some cases, and empirical results will find places
> that need tweaking, but I think it's a decent start to a higher level
> of presence integration into the desktop

>From a bigger picture frame of reference, I was mulling a global "do no
disturb" state.  This would turn off desktop notifications and other
intrusions.

Say you are showing something to someone on you desktop, sharing it or
maybe giving a presentation.  You might want to interrupt all IM
notifications (Sandy says:"Hi, love tiger! xxx") or the occasional
"v1@gra" email spam that might occur.

You could tie this into the the "busy" state if you feel appropriate, or
by an application by application basis, but there might be a case where
you need to do it manually.