Re: [Ayatana] gnome 3 interface?¿

On Sun, 2010-04-04 at 01:16 +0200, daniel planas wrote:
> hello, the design team of ubuntu has improved a great deal about the
> GNOME 2 platform. bubble notifications, system tray) but gonme 3 has a
> completely different way of working. which will be the adaptation in
> ubuntu "gnome shell replace ayatana changes? how it is being raised?

I asked this a while ago and the overall idea was we'll have to wait and
see how good the alternative is to the way we do things. Personally I
like Notify-OSD more than the Gnome-Shell integrated one. I asked around
about the application indicators too and it seems that the Shell guys
want to do something cool here but it may not be within the spec of the
app indicators so maybe it will have to be tweeked for the Gnome 3.0
release of Ubuntu.

Regards
Shane Fagan