Re: [Ayatana] MeMenu status message

I think you're on to something...

It would be very interesting to combine custom status with standard
status options (e.g. Available, Away) in a control that acts a bit
more intelligently. It might do the following:

  * Appear as a text field, showing your most recent status + status icon.
  * When you click to explicitly focus the text field, the text entry
expands to show the standard status options, and also displays a
blinking cursor so you know you can begin typing.
  * At this point, you can begin to type "Available" and autocomplete
it, or you can type a broadcast message.

To express this idea in terms of other familiar ideas, we'd basically
show a text entry that turns into a text entry + combo box when you
click it to set your status, and also has auto-completion for standard
status options.

This could be cool! Thoughts?

David