Re: [Ayatana] Farewell to the notification area

On 22 April 2010 08:49, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The workspaces experience has languished, and I'd
> like for us to climb in and improve it substantially. At the moment, we
> do a half-hearted job - we ship what's there but as you say, only
> configure two workspaces. I'd be inclined to say "ship without
> workspaces" so that we are at least definitive about the position for
> the moment.

Presumably you mean shipping with only one workspace enabled by
default, rather than removing the feature altogether.

I think that - even if it isn't in the best possible state - hiding
this excellent feature would be a mistake.
It's a significant feature that Mac users new to Ubuntu would miss,
and Windows users new to Ubuntu would benefit from (if they can
discover it).

Cheers,
Dave.

--