Re: [Ayatana] Compact Menu View

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 03:33 +0530, Manish Sinha wrote:
> I second this change to make Menu compact since most of the time
> people don't use it (my observation). People prefer using toolbar
> buttons (me included).

Me too, because it's a single click for frequently-used features.

>From this point of view, though, shouldn't the separation remain as it
is, between a toolbar for the frequently-used stuff, and the menus for
everything, listed as logically as possible?

Or, to put it another way, if the frequently-used features are already
readily accessible from the toolbar, and if the toolbar is preferred by
most users anyway, what benefit is there if a compact menu doubles these
same features and at the same time makes it more difficult to get to the
lesser-used ones?

Maybe there is a good answer, but I think it's worth asking.

Regards