Re: [Ayatana] Farewell to the notification area

Presumably nothing can be added to the notification area without sudo,
so either you are already pwned (game over) or else you can trust the
notification. Not so for pop-up windows.

I think the pop-up Update Manager window was an interesting idea worth
exploring for a couple of releases, but with the ongoing design and
consolidation of notifications it seems the ideal place to return this
functionality to (for consistency and safety).