Re: [Ayatana] Farewell to the notification area

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:28, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Something quick that occurs to me is that the password
> dialog could show a personal message
> or a picture that only PolicyKit or gksudo has access to.

THANK YOU for putting a dot to this hairy topic!
i hope the security team is aware of leapholes opening in the UI, and
will suggest some stuff in detail.

> Really, what this is about is "don't tell your password to strange
> programs;" we need to help the user identify strange programs and
> understand the risk.

yes very much so. Linux is strong, my main argument to those
interested: no viruses, no perfomance loss through firewalls and
scanners.

we ought to keep it that way!