Re: [Ayatana] Unexpected close functionality

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 14:27, Marc Deslauriers
<marc.deslauriers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Although I don't do it myself, some people may choose to have rhythmbox
> open automatically with their session by using the options in
> System/Preferences/Startup Applications/Options. When this is done, it
> could be expected behaviour to have rhythmbox start in the notification
> area. This could explain the users lining up to scream. :)
>
> Marc.

special behaviour requires special instruction.
if we have a consistency issue with close/minimize/maximize buttons,
that should be solved with  bug 270206

to hide the main window of an application, so it runs in the
background as a daemon or similar, we need extra functionality.
perhaps a UI option "hide rhythmbox" or similar..

in future, we will control not only rhythmbox from that indicator up
there.. i would like for the music player indicator to honor my choice
of preferred music player, just as the messaging menu does it ( :P
does not properly)

am i badly wrong with my thinking?