Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

2010/5/3 Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@xxxxxxxxxx>
There's a difference between "not so common," and "non-existent." I understand
your concern that my use cases may be uncommon, but what you appeared to be
doing earlier was saying something like "well most people would do X, so let's
assume that everyone acts the same way and remove all other use cases."

Well, this is more or less what I was implying ;-)

The more use cases you try to address with a single design, the less able you will be to address them properly. We are also speaking here about the default volume control for Ubuntu, so this is something that must address use cases that are relevant to a large majority of Ubuntu users.

Martín