[Ayatana] BluePrints/OnlineStatus [was: How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?]

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 03:39, Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is the blueprint wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BluePrints/OnlineStatus

It's got some cruft in there, but the basics are a set of tests that
when combined together produce a status.

thanks, Martin.

a thought on this: can we merge the personal availability bubble from the me-menu indicator with the network indicators online indication somehow?
a) it's a more social/personal way of informing the user instead of ambigious techno symbols..
b) IM availability and Online Status are directly related by nature
note: taking IM offline doesn't mean going offline.