Re: [Ayatana] Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On 3 May 2010 22:12, Gavin Langdon wrote:
> One feature I like in at least the Gnome volume applet is the ability to use
> the scrollwheel on it to change the master volume. Hopefully this would be
> implemented as well. Just a comment.

And one feature I miss is having a volume slider always shown in the
panel. This was removed from the Gnome volume control for unknown
reasons, and was a convenient way to quickly set absolute volume with
one click.  In the absence of that, a dragging gesture as suggested by
Frederick would be a good replacement.