Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

Actually I believe Mark gave some pretty clear reasons why. They want the upper right to have a particular analogy, just like they want the upper left. Right is for notifications, volume, brightness, and similar controls, the left is for menus, opening and closing, and other window management. It really does follow a logic; or, at least, more logic then no logic. It just wasn't particularly stated clearly.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3 May 2010 22:14, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:
> Interesting idea and I'll reserve final judgement till I see it in action,
> or some clearer definitions of what would go into the windicator space. I
> have a few thinking points, however:

I have some more questions. What will happen with windicators if the
window controls are configured back to the right of the window? Will
they be swapped to the top left corner, or will be displaced to the
left just a bit?

> - Also, why did you move the buttons to the left in an LTS, when there is
> nothing to replace them? Would it not have been better to wait until you had
> something to replace the space on the right, before moving the buttons?

Curiosity is killing me. Why was there a need to move the window
controls at all, and not placing the windicators at the left instead?
Is there a design reason why windicators are better at the top right
of the window decoration? Someone that participated in the design
talks for these indicators could shed some light as for why this
layout was to be preferred over the symmetric, less disruptive
alternative.