Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

Alle 08:30 del 6/5/2010, Scott Ritchie ha scritto:
> On 05/03/2010 05:22 AM, Roth Robert wrote:
> >
> > Otherwise I like the idea to use the right side of the titlebar to show
> > progress status, app status, share icons, etc.
>
> Does this need to be on the right side of the title bar?  It seems like
> the location of the windicators could easily be themable, and that
> themes with right-sided window controls could place the indicators
> slightly off right.

I agree with Scott. But also I still don't understand why windicators should be placed
on the right side of the bar since we already have Notify OSD bubble on the same side so
potentially we could have to deal with transient notification covering Windicators.

On the left side of the bar there could be exactly the same space if we make the title
slide to the right when Windicator needs more space and having notification OSD covering
minimize,mazimize,close buttons being ephemeral it's not an issue and we're already used
to it.

I'm looking forward to see you all at UDS :)

Ciao!
--
Paolo Sammicheli
EMail: xdatap1(at)ubuntu.com