Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Scott E. Armitage <launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am also strongly against this. As Conscious User points out, hyperlinks, launchers, and menu items are buttons that I press in order to do some action, whereas icons represent files or folders, i.e. "physical" objects. They are inherently different things. The last thing I want is for an accidentally placed pointer to open some (potentially huge and RAM-eating) file, which may need a (potentially huge and long-loading) application to start.

-Scott

+1

Alex.