Re: [Ayatana] Default to single click to open files and folders

On 14 May 2010 11:58, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> A valid point I got from a Mac user: Selecting the file to use quick
>> look is more often used than actually opening the file (because it is
>> quicker …). That would be a problem if we actually had quick look or
>> another kind of preview. ;)
>
> Again, I think some of you are giving *way* too much importance
> to "most used" and treating it as if it meant the same as "the
> only one used".

I mentioned doing usability tests. My point is that the most used
should be the most easily accessible. Does anyone disagree on that?

> It seems to me that you only payed attention to what this Mac
> user had to say because he mentioned that quick look is "more
> often" used. I insist that non-opening actions being done
> "more than very rarely" (that is, not necessarily "more often"
> or even just "often") can be enough to make single-clicking
> quite annoying at time.

No, I actually only asked him when I had already written the rest of
the post. Sorry for including it as it was not really relevant and
confusing.

> This reminds me of Google's auto-correction. It's an awesome
> feature 99% of the time, but when I search for that uncommon
> proper name that looks like a misspelled common word, it's
> annoying to the point of hair pulling.

Doesn’t Google only show the first two results for the auto-corrected
word and below those the results for the exact word you put in? It
does that for me.