Re: [Ayatana] Epiphany as a desktop-consistent web browser in Ubuntu

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 11:15 -0700, Tyler Brainerd wrote:
> Aren't we after the application selection stage? Any change would have
> to be 10.10 +1

Well we are but id say if there was something important that was missed
im sure the desktop team would want to talk about it.

I mentioned Epiphany and Midori in the default app selection meeting but
there is some serious issues with both Epiphany and Midori. The main
issues with both of them is support, Epiphany supports third party
plugins but they dont have nowhere near as many as Firefox and Chromium
and Midori last time I checked has no such system. They all use webkit
except Firefox but Chromium has some extra stuff in there like each tab
running in separate processes.

Although Epiphany is very well integrated in the desktop it still looks
and feels bad to use and Chromium is very well integrated with the look
and feel of Gnome desktop.

Anyway all that being said this conversation should be happening on the
desktop team mailing list. They would have a much better answer for you
than I would and this is kinda out of spec for Ayatana.