Re: [Ayatana] Evolution

I for one have sort of checked out of the evolution design conversation, because Evolution's poor IMAP performance makes it largely unusable with large IMAP folders, especially Gmail ones with thousands upon thousands of emails.

Thunderbird's integration with the messaging menu and indicators and notify-osd seems to be moving fast, and its performance is substantially better. Maybe Thunderbird is the way forward? I love that evolution feels more like a regular gnome application, but if it doesn't work, that doesn't help much.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-