Re: [Ayatana] progress dialog mockups

Hi Daniel, thanks for some more outstanding work!

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 14:00, dani planas armangue <daniplanas.a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a week working hard, this is a good contribution I think, I hope
you like it.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/ProgressIndication#preview

suggestions:

don't use the wheel, find a more telling symbol.
We know we are trying to
* indicate progress of user-initiated downloads
* indicate progress of large file-writes (Gimp, Blender, Audacity/Ardour, SoundConverter, PiTiVi etc..)
* indicate progress of file operations (Nautilus app indicator already exists for this)

a) How would we represent these in one word?
Progress?
b) How would this word / category be represented in a visual symbol?
for this we have some reference already:
1. http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/SymbolicIcons
2. http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/Research/StatusIndicators

the gearwheel is strongly disputable, please offer some opinions!