Re: [Ayatana] Chrome desktop notifications (and APIs)

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Alex,

Its not just in chrome. Its going to be in the HTML5 spec too. It would
be very easy to write an extension to chromium to handle all the
notifications natively. I dont have the time to fiddle about with
chromium's extensions but im sure we could do it in the future.

Hi Shane

Thanks for the explanation. I understand the concept better now, but still I feel that there's a potential for inconsistency here. It means that our Messaging Menu will provide notifications in one style, and browser will do it differently.

This may confuse users, and I am just trying to raise a <color> flag here, so we know about this issue.

--
Alex Lourie