Re: [Ayatana] Network Manager Menu

On 06/06/10 05:31, Walter Wittel wrote:
Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

here a mockup of Network Manager's current menu up with the indicators..
I believe we will simplify this menu on the long run, since network manager

please comment thoroughly

If the list of available networks are moved to a separate dialog I
think it would be great to be able to sort by name, encryption, signal
strength, and perhaps "star" for networks that have previously been
connected to (maybe the last connected column).

The sort list is defined in the specification https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkSettings :

If the card is powered on, up to five items representing known wireless networks, sorted alphabetically:
up to one item representing the network this card is connected to (or currently trying to connect to), if any;
up to three items representing the strongest currently-detected networks that you have previously connected to on this computer;
the remainder representing the strongest other broadcast networks currently detected.

Mark