Re: [Ayatana] Putting some brakes on the enthusiasm

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 23:38, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09/06/10 22:31, Martin Owens wrote:
> Desktop experience and design studies and such I'd love to see more
> discussion here in this list.

yeah, pretty use cases and such are always useful, mockups, most important IMO is that a high level philosophy can evolve in and around this ML, so that future work can produce more scalable and coherent results.

Yes, I think we should keep implementation issues away from this list.
The CSD discussion, for example, has little to do with the user
experience we wish to create.

I didn't mind the CSD stuff, it was informative, if perhaps a bit too emotional IMO.
More disturbing to me are remarks about "too much discussion" and such.. Ayatana ML is a discussion list, discussion is what this ML is for.
If we want to improve the quality of this ML, we need to continue with good examples and good practise, more laws and restrictions will most certainly not increase the value of discussions here for long.

and oh yeah.. how about a logo for Ayatana?