Re: [Ayatana] How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Mark Shuttleworth" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Just so folks are clear on direction:
>
> - we would like to move to Connection Manager ("connman") in due
>course, for its cleaner, more pluggable, testable and maintainable
>architecture
> - we have a detailed, signed-off design for the indicator associated
>with that at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking
> - MPT is working on supporting designs, such as settings
> - implementation has started on the indicator and code contributions
>are welcome
> - we aim to use this for 10.10 Netbook Edition (not desktop) unless it
>fails badly

Is the eventual plan for Ubuntu Desktop to move to conman as well (if so now is the time for other flavors to start looking into transition)?

"Ubuntu will integrate Connection Manager (a.k.a. ConnMan), with a human interface — a settings window and a network menu — designed to cover networking in general, including network setup, proxy, and firewall settings."

It seems to be the eventual goal, according to the design specs.

Scott K