Re: [Ayatana] Integrating Application Search & Install

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 21:45, Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If aiming for simplicity, I see how restricting search to just
applications can help. But when the user searches to retrieve
applications is because s/he don't know which application is the best
one to use for a given task, in which case it's highly valuable to
show all valid applications for that task, not just those installed.

fortunately, somebody took the initiative to code this obviously necessary new menu, nearly exactly the way we discussed it in here:

https://launchpad.net/cardapio  (thanks to Jan-Christoph for the link :D )

anybody try this out yet?
They are also about to integrate Zeitgeist, so we can soon see most of the functionality of GNOME Shell without the need for a "gnome shell --replace" right inside Ubuntu ;)