Re: [Ayatana] dx-m-indicator-sound feedback

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 01:36, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The panel is meant to be detached from the rest of the desktop. That
means it looks the same on all workspaces no matter what window is
currently focused.

Workspaces were not part of my point, not relevant to my proposal either.

> * make Sound Menu behave like GlobalMenu

My main idea is to adapt status indicators to what the user wants focused.

don't call anything a Preference if its value is changed through
normal use of an application.

+1

To me, this is begging to be split into two windows. One being
preferences, the other being Volume Control.

Aha.
We're getting somewhere now..

As a simpler approach,
gnome-volume-control can be told to show the more relevant section in
this context. Running gnome-volume-control --page=applications from
indicator-sound does the trick ;)

nice thinking ;)

Let me refine our recent points again:
* seperate static preferences from runtime controls
* tie status indication to user focus

!?