Re: [Ayatana] Windicators

Hmm... here is a quote from Mark in an earlier thread that I started:

"For designing indicators, ask yourself:

 - what is the *status* I am conveying, and
 - what options are there to manipulate that status?

If you don't have both, especially the status, don't use an indicator.
Use a menu."

So... what's the "status" for the Gimp and F-spot mockups? Scale and tags don't seem to fit at all with the original Windicator idea. In fact the only one that seems to fit the status argument is the Firefox one, but you can't manipulate the status so it shouldn't be a Windicator

Luke.

To be a little more productive, here are some ideas :)

Evolution:
   Connection status -
      Icons: Connected / Disconnected

Firefox:
   Connection status -
     Icons: Connected / Disconnected
   Ad-blocking Active -
     Icons: Coloured Adblock logo / Greyed Adblock logo
   _javascript_ Active:
     Icons: Coloured cog / Greyed Cog
   Bookmarked status:
     Icons: Yellow star / Empty grey outlined star

Gedit:
    Save Status -
       Icons: Coloured disk / Greyed Disk

Luke.